It's been almost a sure thing lately that if I sit and type it detonates a kid bomb someplace else in the house. Or I begin to nod off because the days have been full and I should be in bed instead of typing.
You probably cannot relate whatsoever right?
A very "lately" update. Lately....
- Our oldest's beloved of several years has moved in with us while they save and plan their future. It is a singular blessing that as big kids get busier and busier and leave altogether we sometimes get to borrow another for a season. As it turns out this awesome young woman also does math. MATHEMATICS. Math problems. (insert a moment of silence here) God is good, people. She quickly and enthusiastically began to trouble shoot any math challenge happening as we wrap up the bigger kids' straggler assignments from the 'big move year.'
- The sewing machine is set up. I am picking up odds and ends that didn't complete the move with the rest of their group - thread etc. Next up is some hemming/altering and some Christmas crafts. Because why? Because you do those now or it's just too late.
- It's raining and 65 this morning. That never happens. It will soon stop happening and be 95 again. Today is awesome.
- We moved bedrooms around some when Julie came. The boys have their own dorm of sorts now and needed another twin bed. I got on our local craigslist equivalent Saturday night, found a pair of vintage solid wood twins very like the ones we have. We picked them up this weekend for FREE. They are as beat up as the ones we have but it doesn't matter. We are stripping them all and hoping to restore them to Leave it to Beaver, 50's era boy room glory. Husband volunteered to head up this project. You heard him. We are holding him to this.
- on a related note we began looking around at what we could potentially sell and listed a non-working lawn mower the previous owners left here. It sold immediately, paying for our drive to get the beds and all the refinishing supplies. Looking around for more stuff now!
- A thrift shop trip is happening this week for miscellaneous containers to store a plethora of DIY cleaners and condiments. Homemade gatorade. You name it. This country has more delightful household and workout and snack products than you can shake a stick at. My wallet has not been as impressed as my children have been. Serious DIY happening in the kitchen this week.
-I have been a pinning fool, preparing for the above plus the new school year. It looks like with a few tweaks we have most everyone doing American history and life sciences this year. (even the college student!) I am amassing videos, books, and hands on extras. If you want to follow along, hit me up over there.
- Lots of wonderful stories every night. The girls are completely absorbed with Brambly Hedge right now after looking at the anthology cross-eyed when I brought it home. As it turns out it meshes perfectly with the Sylvanian Family/Woodzeez obsession they share with their new neighbor friend. Tiny felted critter village underfoot. I love this. I'm just gonna say it. I want to live in Brambly Hedge. Short of that, I would like Jill Barklem as my personal decorator.
- We are taking advantage of every festival, parade, live music event we can in our new locale. After one such outing with husband and Brendan we splurged and went to the 'fancy' Italian restaurant where I used to meet my mom friends when we lived her 15 yrs ago. Alfresco dinner for three with my guys follows here:
What? You write right on the tablecoth? For real? Why yes. : )
Paleo, where e'er you go. Thank you Tucci's.
I think half the people under this roof need rides to someplace else today. Abbie needs a footwear upgrade. She says she is looking for some 'country style shoes' specifically. What are those I asked. She can't say exactly but she assures me she will know them when she sees them.
Good enough. We are off to see what we can do.
Hope your 'lately' has been awesome.